Use about 1 cup (8 fl. oz.) of chocolate milk per dose of Powder. Chocolate-flavored almond milk also works well for this and is non-dairy.
- Put one dose of Powder into an empty glass ( 1 teaspoon).
- Add an equal volume of chocolate milk (typically, just 1-2 tablespoons).
- Stir until the Powder absorbs the liquid completely and forms a homogeneous paste.
- Add a few more tablespoons of chocolate milk and stir again until smooth and free of lumps.
- Add the remaining chocolate milk and stir again until well mixed.
- Drink until the glass is empty.
- Add a little more chocolate milk to the glass, stir, and drink. (This catches any Powder particles left clinging to the sides of the glass. And since it is mainly just chocolate milk, it tastes even better than the Powder alone with water.
How does one prepare a powdered PASTE for drinking?
- Place a single dose of Powder in a small empty cup ( 1 teaspoon)
- Add just enough water to make a soft paste (roughly equal parts Powder to water, by volume). You will need to stir the mixture for a few minutes until the powder completely absorbs the water and you have a nicely homogenized paste.
- Fill a separate glass with water and set it aside. Using a spoon, scoop an easy-to-swallow spoonful of paste into your mouth, then take a big sip of water from the other glass and gulp it down. Repeat spooning, sipping and swallowing until you have consumed the entire dose. Be careful not to gulp down too much at once, so you don’t accidentally choke on the mixture.
- You can keep the paste in your mouth like tobacco or regular leaves quid, just add a pinch of lejia o llujta. Once the numbing effects are gone, you can ingest the quid; it is full of protein, vitamins and mineral.
- In the case of concentrated powders, please remember to use caution, they can produce palpitations and a little bit can go a long way.
How does one prepare a powdered Powder SLURRY for drinking?
- Add the Powder to a glass of water (or other beverage). For a typical dose of Powder (about 7 grams), use about 1 cup (8 ounces) of water.
- Stir thoroughly (until the powder is completely suspended), then gulp it down quickly before it has a chance to settle (it is like drinking a bitter-tasting, slightly fibrous smoothy).
- Add more water to the glass to recover any material that stuck to the sides. About 1/2 cup of water should be sufficient, but it doesn’t hurt to use more.
- Stir again and drink.
- When you have got it all down, you can drink a little fruit juice to chase away the bitter taste. Mint-flavored chewing gum also works perfectly for this.
How does one make tea?
Following is a basic recipe for making Powder tea. This recipe makes enough tea for several doses–about eight moderately strong doses.
- Take 2 ounces (56 grams) of Powder and put into a pot. To this add 1 quart (about 1 liter) of water.
- Boil gently for 15 minutes. ( Please do not boil pure Coca or Pure Coca Concentrated), this is only for blends or Kratom
- Pour the tea through a strainer into a bowl and reserve the liquid, squeeze the powder in the strainer to get most of the liquid out, coffee filters also work fine
- Put the remaining back in the pot and add another liter of fresh water. Repeat steps 2 and 3. After the product have been strained a second time, it can be discarded or stored to add to yogurt or any fruit smoothie.
- Put the combined liquid from both boilings back into the pot and boil until the volume is reduced to about 1 cup (250 ml).
The idea is to boil the tea down to a small volume so that each dose can be quickly swallowed. You can boil it down to whatever concentration you are comfortable with. Be careful near the end of the process. If it starts to become syrupy, it may spatter and/or burn.
The tea can be a bitter tasting. To minimize the unpleasant taste, gulp it down quickly and then immediately chase it with some pleasant-tasting fruit juice. Or dilute it until it is easier to drink it
The same general preparation method can be used with larger or smaller amounts of Powder by just adjusting the volume of water used. You can also dilute this concentrated and add it as flavoring to taste. Powder tea can be safely stored in the refrigerator for about five days. When refrigerated, some components may precipitate out of solution and form a sediment in the bottom of the container. This residue may contain active alkaloids so it should be redissolved before consuming the tea; this is easily done by warming the tea and stirring.
Would you like to help?
Send us your best recipe and how you use any NovoAndina product at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a 30% off coupon ( valid for one week) and a sampler of our new and delicious Coca Protein Shake.
More recipes, reviews and customer’s experiences with these products will get published periodically on our blog. www.MysteriousBolivia.Blogspot.com